Are you looking to add to your resume, gain experience using social media and volunteer in the environmental non-profit world?
Wellington Water Watchers, a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection, restoration and conservation of drinking water in Guelph and Wellington County, is looking for a Social Media Intern to volunteer approximately 3-5 hours a week. This is a flexible position and you can set your own volunteer hours. This is also a great opportunity to expand your skills and be mentored. Check out our Facebook and Twitter.
Note: This is an unpaid internship.
Duration: 3-6 months with possibility of extension.
- A friendly attitude with a knack for creativity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills.
- An interest in water issues across Canada, but specifically in Guelph and Wellington County.
- An eye for design.
- The ability to work independently and you are a self starter.
- Your own computer and internet access.
- Create and manage day-to-day postings on Facebook and Twitter.
- Find relevant and timely news items.
- Schedule posts with Hootsuite.
- Work with other Wellington Water Watcher volunteers to streamline messaging on social media accounts and website.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools.
- High School diploma required.
- Social media experience including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Knowledge of social media management tool, Hootsuite (or willingness to learn).
Nice to have:
- An English, Communications or Marketing-related degree (or other volunteer/work experience) is preferred, but not a must-have.
- Knowledge or interest in learning graphic design programs.
How to Apply
If this is you, drop us a line at email@example.com by Wednesday, October 14th, 2015, by midnight and let us know more about yourself with a resume and a brief one-page description of why you would be the perfect fit. Don’t forget to highlight your own social media accounts.