It’s 13 days until Waterstock. We are preparing for thousands to attend!
Imagine planning a party for thousands of people – there are lots of details. On Sunday afternoon we held our weekly meeting with the event planning group (see picture below) and went through everyone’s checklist. We’re almost ready.
- We finalized the line-up of incredible musicians and speakers.
- We put the finishing touches on the ‘surprise theatrical finale’ we have planned for you.
- We have organized 25 chefs, craft brewers, a children’s activity area, a community information fair and workshops and more!
And we made this big decision – 35 portable toilets!!
It will cost us $6000 to ensure everyone can have a comfortable day. And if you forgive the pun we have to make a ‘deposit’ of 30% for the portable toilets on Thursday.
You can help us with this deposit in two ways.
Volunteers for June 11th at Waterstock
We are 2/3 of the way to our target for volunteers for the day. If you are coming you can help make the event a success by volunteering for a couple of hours while you are there. We need volunteers in the following areas:
- Support for food vendors
- Volunteer ‘security’ (this is support to the professional security staff we have hired)
- If you can come earlier than noon – you can help us with set-up.
- If you can stay for an hour after the event you can help with clean-up!
If you’re interested, please sign up for the volunteer list.
Next Campaign update: Next Monday is one week until Waterstock and we are going to send you one short email each day that describes one important tip that will help you plan for the day.
Today’s Waterstock Tip